Frame greenhouses made of aluminum profiles are presented in a wide variety of options. They have many advantages compared to a frame made of wood or steel. At the same time, greenhouses with an aluminum frame look very stylish and can decorate any garden or backyard.
Steel and aluminum differ greatly in their properties, since aluminum is a lightweight material that can be bent. Corrosion-resistant aluminum is preferred by customers as its surface is protected by an oxide film.
Steel is more durable and cannot be bent at home. Steel is susceptible to corrosion, so the appearance of the steel frame will quickly deteriorate when exposed to moisture in the garden area.
Aluminum profiles can sometimes have an extra layer of protective coating applied by anodizing or painting with polyurethane (epoxy) paints. They are able to withstand up to 40 years. If the climate is too harsh, then after 10 years the painting of the aluminum greenhouse frame is resumed.
Aluminum frames of various shapes – Greenhouse Plans
Since the aluminum profile is available on the market in a wide range, this allows you to create various designs of greenhouse structures. Frames of various shapes allow you to embody bold design solutions, and greenhouses become a real natural decoration of landscape design.
Different types of aluminum greenhouses depend on the shape of the frame, the choice of which always takes into account the preferences of the site owner related to the development and decoration of its design. There are the following forms of aluminum frames, which have:
- A pitched roof, which is characterized by a low price, small area, a greenhouse can be attributed to such types of structures as a greenhouse or a winter garden adjacent to the wall of the house.
- A gable roof with a large usable area (ClimaPod Clear Series, ClimaPod Spirit, Virtue and Passion also), the absence of rounded shapes, glass is most suitable for covering.
- Arched frame structure (ClimaOrb Series), which can be characterized by increased resistance to snow loads and good illumination.
The latter type of construction has its disadvantages associated with the presence of dead zones, in which it is impossible to grow tall plants. Arched and gable structures are in high demand on the market, in which you can grow an excellent harvest of peppers and low-growing tomatoes. Flowers, vegetables and tall crops grow well in tall aluminum profile greenhouses with gable roof structures.
A few tips on how to assemble a greenhouse kit yourself
To create a beautiful and durable design, the following installation steps must be followed:
- Choose the most open area without shading and outbuildings.
- Level the site competently and carefully.
- Choose a foundation option, taking into account the dimensions of the future structure.
- Install the frame according to the instructions. Cover the frame with a special covering material. ClimaPod Kits uses polycarbonate with UV protection.
The finished structure requires proper operation, so it must be regularly ventilated and treated with various disinfectants.
Signs of a good greenhouse
The use of an aluminum profile for greenhouses involves the use of a polycarbonate coating. A high-quality greenhouse must necessarily have a foundation, for example, a concrete strip. Alternatively, you can make a lightweight base on driven piles.
An aluminum greenhouse should have a reinforced frame with a pitch of no more than 650-670 mm for glass or 1 m for polycarbonate. The structure of the frame must be manufactured using a “no weld” technology.
Optimum ventilation is ensured by the wide, automatic window openers. The greenhouse should have large double doors for easy access with both buckets and a wheelbarrow. If the greenhouse is made of glass, then gutters should be provided.
A greenhouse of optimal dimensions usually has a width of 2.75-3 m, and a length of 4 m, 6 m, 8 m.Tags: aluminum frame